A selection committee made its recommendations for food and beverage packages in the new terminal currently under construction at Louis Armstrong New Orleans International (MSY). The recommendations must still be approved by the New Orleans Aviation Board.
The committee recommended two groups: One is a joint venture consisting of Delaware North and Chase Catering and Concessions LLC. The other is a joint venture made up of HMSHost and Coaxum Enterprises.
The offerings from Delaware North and Chase Catering include:
- Leah’s Kitchen, developed by local restaurateur Edgar “Dooky” Chase IV.
- Folse Market, created by Chef John Folse. Its offerings will include seafood, po’boys, charcuterie, coffee and wine.
- Bar Sazerac, which will feature News Orleans-style cocktails
- Heritage School of Music Stage and Wine Bar, which will have live music through a partnership with the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival and Foundation.
- NOLA Food Expo, a food hall consisting of Dook’s Burgers & Brews, Ye Olde College Inn and MoPho chef Michael Gulotta.
- Pizza Domenica, a popular New Orleans pizza restaurant.
- Johnny Sanchez, a concept by chefs John Besh and Aaron Sanchez. It will be an extension of the local Mexican restaurant.
- Angelo Brocato, a gelato brand.
- PJ’s Coffee.
HMSHost and Coaxum Enterprises’ offerings include:
- Mondo, a extension of Chef Susan Spicer’s Lakeview restaurant.
- Cure, a second location of mixologist Neal Bodenheimer’s Freret Street bar.
- The Munch Factory, an airport location of the local restaurant.
- Emeril’s Table, a concept by Chef Emeril Lagasse.
- Willie Mae’s, a fried chicken restaurant founded by Willie Mae Seaton.
- Lucky Dogs
- Auntie Anne’s
- Burger King
- The Great American Bagel
- Panda Express
MSY’s new terminal is set to open in 2018.