Our company is growing! We are looking for an energetic and very experienced Vice President of Operations with airport concessions and franchise experience to grow with us! Our ideal candidate should have 10-15 years of concessions experience to support and provide oversight of 25 restaurants in the Rocky Mountain region.
At our company, we value the effort and commitment of our employees. As a Vice President of Operations, you can expect to earn an income of six figures plus monthly bonus per year with a proven track record based on your experience and results. If you are passionate and dedicated about ensuring an exceptional guest experience, we offer you the opportunity to become a proud leader in overseeing our restaurant operations. If this sounds like you and you are looking to take your career to the next level, let’s grow together! We encourage you to apply today! *Our company will only give consideration to candidates with a minimum of 10 years relevant work experience.*
Here is what we will offer:
- 100% employer paid employee-only medical and dental insurance.
- 401(k) with company match and vacation (after one year).
- Company vehicle and company cell phone.
- Six figure income w/monthly bonus potential!
- Advancement Opportunities!
Here is what you will do:
Oversee the day-to-day airport and single standing restaurants according to policies, procedures, and airport/city requirements. Provides leadership, support and guidance to ensure that food quality standards, inventory levels, food safety guidelines, staffing levels, and guest service expectations are met. The VP of Operations will be responsible to oversee and coordinate the planning, organizing, training, and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness, safety, and sanitation. Will provide strategic planning, resource allocation, HR modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources. Will focus on key business metrics that align with service proficiency and costs. Consistently measure progress toward goals, identify trends, and take applicable actions for continued improvement. The VP of Operations contributes to a positive team spirit, working ethically and with integrity and upholding organizational values.
This role is responsible for the success of overall restaurant performance within an assigned area, generally 20-30 restaurants. The VP of Operations leads all area restaurant operations including but not limited to: recruitment, hiring, and selection (to ensure adequate staffing levels and to help with turnover), local marketing initiatives, recruits, develops and coaches restaurant managers, builds sales and profit while maintaining high operating standards, and ensuring guest satisfaction. They are also accountable for the success of each restaurant by following company guidelines, policies and procedures, and relevant laws, and ensures ethical business practices. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility.
The successful candidate must be able to pass a background check with our company, with the TSA, a drug screen, and be insurable with a valid driver’s license. This candidate should also be able to perform the following essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Ongoing communication and coordination of day-to-day operations, reporting to and with our CEO and EVP.
- A strong focus on strategic planning, goal-setting, and execution to enhance profitability, productivity and efficiency throughout the company’s operations.
- Develop and direct the management of each restaurant with the assistance of the Director of Operations and General Management team to ensure guest satisfaction, improved efficiencies, increased revenue, and improved employee product knowledge and training. Implement processes and systems that will generate higher productivity and revenues.
- Develop and direct the management of each management team member to ensure that all operational systems are continuously evaluated for proper operation, relevance and utilization.
- Select and maintain order of all relevant management systems that will generate higher efficiency, enhanced reporting and tracking capabilities, and substantial ROI.
- Interact regularly with executive team and individual department heads to ensure that company’s operational priorities are aligned with total company direction.
- Continually investigate and introduce process improvement measures and presents suggestions to CEO for consideration.
- Participate in vendor negotiations to ensure product relevance and cost-efficiency.
- Monitor department expenditures, prepare justification for budget variations and projected increases.
- Manage the costs controls and other reporting requirements, including forecast reports, adherence to budget and P&L statements, and assist with other reports when necessary.
- Respond to unusual events or circumstances requiring high-level management attention and inform the senior management team of situations requiring attention.
- Provide leadership to each restaurant to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training, and succession planning processes that encompass the Company’s diversity commitment.
- Help drive the Business Development initiatives and goals through innovation and creativity.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility, sanitation, and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive and productive working environment.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Develop, plan, and carry out restaurant marketing, advertising, and promotional activities and campaigns.
- Ensures managers and supervisors are adhering to company policy and administering practices in fair and equitable manner.
- Provide guidance and leadership in the delivery of outstanding guest experience, culinary operations, labor scheduling, inventory management, restaurant marketing and restaurant P&L.
- Plan, identify, communicate and delegate responsibilities throughout the area to ensure excellent operations are consistently achieved.
- Generate area sales growth by developing strategic short and long term marketing plans, ensuring the restaurants consistently deliver a positive guest experience, and executing local restaurant marketing initiatives.
- Constantly review area operations and related reports to identify problems, concerns and opportunities for improvement and implement solutions.
- Provide coaching and feedback to restaurant managers and assess performance on an ongoing basis.
- Partner with restaurant managers to set personal development goals in order to build their skills and abilities for career progression; lead area succession planning by identifying talent internally and externally and developing that talent into restaurant leaders.
- Lead a positive team environment by recognizing and reinforcing individual and restaurant accomplishments.
- Challenge and inspire restaurant management team to achieve business results.
- Responsible for weekly management team meetings: discuss, develop, correct, and focus on necessary Company objectives, with follow-through with updates provided to CEO and EVP.
- Coach restaurant managers in team member recruiting, development, performance management, and retention in order to ensure the restaurant is properly staffed, turnover goals are met and succession planning is in place.
- Lead the area with integrity and knowledge that promotes the culture and beliefs of our Company.
- Minimum of 10-15 years of prior restaurant experience with progressive leadership experience in restaurant/concessions, with a focus on restaurant operations (both quick and full service).
- Previous multi-franchise and multi-brand oversight. A huge plus with airport concessions experience.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is an exempt-level position. Scheduled hours vary by restaurant and business needs, including necessary adjustments made during high and low seasonal changes.
Travel up to 50%. At times, travel can be up to 75%. Weekly, candidates should expect to work up to and sometimes over 60 hours a week including late nights, weekends and holidays. Schedule will vary weekly based on operational needs. On-call required. We are a 24/7, 365 operation.
All pre-employment requirements must be satisfactory and will include background check, drug screen, and professional reference check.
Our company uses E-Verify to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. We are an EOE employer.